Description Job Schedule:
Per Diem Standard Hours:
1 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details:
per diem weekdays and weekends.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Hartford HealthCare Medical Group is one of the largest medical practices in New England with multiple locations throughout Connecticut and Rhode Island. We consist of a team of professionals ranging from Medical Assistants to Physician Assistants and everything in between. Our physician led medical group enjoys an excellent reputation with patients and the medical community, offering primary care, urgent care and more than 30 different specialties.
Responsible for providing outstanding and professional customer service to ensure efficiency and promote a positive patient experience. This position reports to a Team Lead, Site Manager or Practice Manager.
- Greets and registers arriving patients, completes registration forms and verifies insurance
- Answers incoming calls, evaluates priority, and directs calls according to the urgency and subject matter
- Mails information to new patients prior to visit in accordance with department policies, and enters / updates patient demographics
- Collects co-payments and office charges as needed and explains office payment billing policies to patients
- Schedules new patient appointments, and informs patients of essential preparation requirements prior to visit (referrals, x-rays, medical reports, etc.)
- Ensures that office appointment schedule is coordinated with physician activities through the medical assistant
- Reviews daily Televox report of appointment confirmations to ensure accurate schedule and appropriate communications with patients
- Schedules follow-up appointments and associated testing, documents these appointments and completes the necessary requisition forms and pre-cert exams
- Defines and resolves patient/physician issues/problems, bringing concerns to team lead or manager as necessary
- Reconciles super bills, co-pays and walk-in payments at the end of each session, and refers payment and insurance problems to Billing Department
- Keeps inventory of office supplies and orders supplies and maintains a clean waiting room
- Provides back-up support to other front desk staff and performs other related duties in support of efficient operations
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Relevant experience in a fast-paced medical office highly preferred.
- Epic experience preferred.
- Positive, customer-focused approach, with commitment to providing excellent patient care.
- Ability to adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment juggling multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Excellent verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate in other languages highly desirable.
- Strong computer skills. Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Basic working knowledge of medical terminology.
- Ability to travel independently to satellite offices with or without advanced notice.
- Strong working knowledge of insurance requirements.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.