Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Join us at Backus Hospital as we live our values every day. As part of Hartford HealthCare we create a better future for healthcare in Connecticut and beyond. By embodying these values we have become nationally respected for patient care and most trusted for personalized coordinated care. Come be part of something special!
For more than 118 years, Backus Hospital has been the primary source of healthcare services for much of Eastern Connecticut. We are home to the only trauma center in New London and Windham counties, and are the only area hospital with LIFE STAR helicopter services. We deliver and coordinate a continuum of high-quality healthcare with the goal of improving the health of our communities.
We are seeking an Athletic Trainer (ATC) to provide services for Montville High School as well as with our outpatient offices. ATC is responsible for the coverage of practices and contests as dictated by the Director of Athletics and ATC Supervisor. Responsible for the day to day operations of an athletic trainer to include but not limited to the evaluation, treatment, referral, rehabilitation, and return to play of injuries as a result of participation in high school athletics. Other duties may include implementing injury prevention programs, concussion management baseline protocols, and community education presentations as requested. There are also other opportunities to cover community events outside of the high school and clinic responsibilities. Flexibility for coverage during weekdays as well as weekends and nights is required.
As one of the largest rehabilitation providers in the state, HHCRN offers a team-oriented structure, a comprehensive continuing education program, an excellent benefits package along with Special Interest Groups that assist with evidence based clinical knowledge, growth opportunities and support within the organization.
• Extensive paid time off (PTO)
• Flexible scheduling & competitive pay
• Medical and dental benefits
• 401K with company match
• Company paid short term and long-term disability
• Continuing education and tuition reimbursement
• Clinical specialty and senior clinician opportunities
We believe in high standards. These standards allow us to bring out the very best in our clients and our staff.
• Bachelor's degree.
• CT licensure and current NATABOC Certification in good standing.
• Current First Aid and Professional Rescuer CPR Certification. Basic computer and other technological skills.
• CSCS certification, CPR instructor certification, FMS or SFMA certification preferred.
The successful candidate will:
• Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong interpersonal skills.
• Be self-motivated and able to work independently, as well as function strongly within a team environment.
• Be able to function successfully with physicians and other members of Allied Health Care team and be comfortable in a matrix organization with multiple reporting responsibilities.
• Display strong customer service skills and aptitude and be able to represent both clinic and practice in a positive manner outside of the clinic and within the community.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.