Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Part Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Hartford Hospital is one of the largest and most respected teaching hospitals as well as a Level I trauma center. Hartford Hospital is on the cutting edge of technology & medical care and is home to the Center for Education, Simulation and Innovation (CESI), one of the most-advanced medical simulation training centers in the world. Housing the Northeast’s largest robotic surgery center, committed to becoming the best in the country for patient safety and is pursuing that goal by taking innovative action and creating a culture of safety at every level within the organization.
Our Nurses work in collaborative environments with strong interdisciplinary teams, focused on a patient centered care model in a richly diverse work space. Under the direction and general supervision of the Nurse Manager, the registered nurse utilizes evidence based practices in accordance with the State Nurse Practice Act, policies and procedures of the hospital and as directed by the medical staff. The registered nurse who through knowledge and ability uses the nursing process to develop a plan of care which includes standards of practice to meet the physical, emotional spiritual, cultural and educational needs of the patient and family.
• RN CT License. BSN required.
• Certification as a CRNI or VA-BC preferred. If hired without, applicant will be required to obtain certification within two years of start date.
• PICC/Midline insertion experienced preferred. If no experience, will train applicant after certification obtained or earlier if applicant demonstrates progressive growth while preparing to take exam.
• Applicants must have excellent IV assessment and insertion skills; be able to verbalize an understanding of patient vascular structure; be able to verbalize basic understanding of the INS Standards of Practice; demonstrate meticulous infection control practices; ability to verbalize and demonstrate measures used to prevent CLABSI’s.
• Willingness to teach, coach, mentor best practice with all members of the healthcare team.
• Demonstrate excellent bedside mannerism.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.