St. Vincent's Medical Center
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Per Diem
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Committed to nursing excellence, St. Vincent’s Medical Center in Bridgeport is a twice-designated Magnet hospital. With more than 3,200 employees, it includes a 473-bed teaching hospital, a 76-bed inpatient psychiatric facility and special needs services for adults and children. Now part of Hartford HealthCare, it is the fastest growing hospital in the state providing more advanced surgical procedures and expanding access to care. A large provider group, comprised of the region’s foremost experts, provides convenient patient access from Stamford to Milford and nearly everywhere in between. Founded in 1903, St. Vincent’s remains steadfast in its mission to provide compassionate, personalized care to the community.
Job Summary: Provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
• Implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
• Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
• Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
• Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
• Other Duties as assigned
• Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to assess patients and to identify physical, psychosocial, cultural, spiritual and age-related needs in
order to provide individualized care to the patient.
• Delegates aspects of care to other nursing personnel consistent with their level of education and expertise in order to meet patients' needs and to
maximize staff performance.
• Participates in daily interdisciplinary patient rounds. Demonstrates knowledge of patients' condition and is able to provide appropriate input to meet desired outcomes for the appropriate patient population.
• Reflects ANA Scope and Standards of Nursing Practice (2015), ANA Code of Ethics (2015), and ANA Social Policy Statement (2015).
• Develops, implements and revises individualized plans of care.
• Participates in activities for professional growth and development outside of patient care.
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
• Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Connecticut Department of Public Health obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
• One or more of the following:
• Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 2 Months (60 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
• Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Red Cross obtained within 2 Months (60 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
Education: One year of Labor & Delivery / NICU experience OR two years of Medical-Surgical, Critical Care, ICU or Emergency Department experience.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.