Hartford HealthCare Medical Group Specialists
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR OF EPILEPSY SURGERY
The Epilepsy Center at the Ayer Neuroscience Institute of Hartford HealthCare is seeking a fellowship trained BC/BE Epileptologist to serve as Associate Director of Epilepsy Surgery.
• Oversight of the care of our patients undergoing surgery for epilepsy
• Development of our surgical database and increasing the surgical patient volume
• Additional duties will include outpatient care for people with epilepsy, coverage of routine EEGs, EMU, LTM and intracranial EEG services in rotation with your epileptologist colleagues.
• Extensive training and experience in the surgical treatment of epilepsy (Minimum 2 years after fellowship)
• Experience overseeing the intracranial EEG implantation planning, interpretation and treatment decisions of people with refractory epilepsy
About the Epilepsy Center at the HHC Ayer Neuroscience Institute:
The Epilepsy Center is part of The Ayer Neuroscience Institute (ANI) at Hartford HealthCare, a rapidly expanding Institute with a focus on comprehensive patient care, academics, and research. The ANI boasts an impressive staff of world class Neuroscience leaders with specialists spanning the areas of vascular neurology, neuro-oncology, neuromuscular, movement disorders, epilepsy, headache and pain management, cognitive neurology, neurosurgery, neuro-critical care and general neurology.
The Epilepsy Center’s approach to care is a supportive, multidisciplinary care model.
• Our team includes 9 epileptologists and 2 epilepsy trained neurosurgeons.
• The behavioral health of our patients is attended to in collaboration with our social worker and psychiatrist.
• We have a collaborative and inclusive model of care, offering personalized, coordinated care with excellent patient experience.
• Our center has all the specialized diagnostic and treatment tools needed to help people with seizures get more out of life
• Our care model is strengthened by a group of outstanding advanced practice providers.
We are a warm and welcoming group of people with a very collaborative mindset. We enjoy a private practice approach in the clinic balanced by an academic program structure. As epilepsy specialists we meet regularly to discuss complex cases, review EEGs, discuss journal articles, and share ideas.
Hartford HealthCare merges a private care model with excellent academic opportunities. The University of Connecticut Neurology residency program clinical training is based at Hartford Hospital and the residency program director is one of our epileptologists. Our epilepsy fellowship is approved, and we are excited to be recruiting our first fellow.
We have strong support for clinical research, including staff to assist with research design, data acquisition, IRB applications, and grant writing. The Neuroscience Institute has multiple large and multicenter extramural ongoing awards for clinical research. We have strong connections to the University of Connecticut School of Medicine and neighboring undergraduate schools, with an established record of successfully mentoring students on research projects.
The Epilepsy Center Clinical Program offers:
• Advanced care for adults with seizures and all forms of epilepsy
• A Level 4 Accredited Epilepsy Center by the National Association of Epilepsy Centers (NAEC)
• A full range of EEG types, 3T MRI, functional MRI, PET, Wada test, and epilepsy focused neuropsychological evaluations
• A state of the art Epilepsy Monitoring Unit (EMU) in an ABRET accredited EEG lab staffed with registered EEG technologists.
• SPECT studies with high quality image processing
• Intracranial EEG monitoring, paired with sophisticated brain reconstruction software for exquisite electrode localization and seizure interpretation.
• The full range of surgical treatments, including deep brain stimulation (DBS), responsive neurostimulation (RNS) and laser ablation.
About Hartford HealthCare:
The Hartford HealthCare network employs over 2,500 providers in over 400 practice locations throughout Connecticut, seven acute care hospitals including one of the largest academic and surgical hospitals in the northeast, thriving community teaching hospitals, and one of the largest, physician-led, multi-specialty medical groups in New England.
This means MORE OPTIONS to propel careers to new heights and all within a deeply embedded culture of inclusion, innovation, and focus on the highest quality of care. We are teachers, researchers, leaders and, most of all, caregivers.
Connecticut is located within two hours of Boston and New York City, and offers you and your family access to the finest schools in the nation, four beautiful seasons of recreational activities, and options to live near the shore, in leafy suburbs, or in vibrant urban areas.
For more information:
Please send email with CV to:
Clayton Tebbetts, HHC Neuroscience Physician Recruiter,
[email protected] or call/text: 860-249-6927
Neurology residency and Epilepsy fellowship