MidState Medical Center
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
The Hartford HealthCare Cancer Institute (HHC CI) is a certified member of the Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK) Cancer Alliance. Through the bi-directional collaboration facilitated by this partnership, community providers are better positioned to provide state-of-the-art, evidence-based cancer care to improve the lives of cancer patients. Together, the Hartford Healthcare Cancer Institute and Memorial Sloan Kettering are staying ahead of cancer.
The Hartford HealthCare Cancer Institute focuses on offering our cancer patients an unparalleled network of coordinated services– all under one roof. Our system of care includes a truly integrated team with the most talented, experienced, and compassionate caregivers and physicians, backed by the latest cutting-edge technology.
The Women’s Health Coordinator Registered Nurse (RN) is responsible for partnering with patients and providers to offer a personalized, individualized approach to women’s health care including the screening and diagnosis of malignant and benign breast disease and gynecologic disease. Responsibilities will include but, will not be limited to:
• Facilitate scheduling appointments for imaging and follow-ups, streamline paperwork, explain and clarify testing and results and serve as a link in connecting patients with appropriate resources.
• Offer personalized care to patients as well as track interventions and outcomes.
• Communicate and collaborate with the patient’s referring provider to improve timeliness of care and patient satisfaction.
• Work in collaboration with the imaging department to assist in preparing case presentations for all cancer conferences related to women’s health.
• Assess and work in collaboration with the hereditary Risk Assessment Program to refer women for counseling and testing as appropriate.
• Create and maintain statistical analysis programs across all breast imaging modalities.
• Work in collaboration with the Cancer Institute breast and GYN nurse navigators to refer all patients for an appropriate handoff to manage patients diagnosed with malignancy.
• CT RN License
• 5+ years of Nursing experience preferably in women’s health including breast imaging, breast disease, and/or gynecologic disease.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.