St. Vincent's Special Needs Center
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
St. Vincent’s Medical Center in Bridgeport has more than 3,200 employees. It includes a 473-bed community teaching hospital, a 76-bed inpatient psychiatric facility in Westport, a large multispecialty provider group, and special needs services for adults and children. St. Vincent’s is the first hospital in Fairfield County to be integrated into the Hartford HealthCare network, and is the system’s second-largest hospital.
Job Summary: Coordinates the activities and flow of work for the assigned clinical program.
• Facilitates the development, implementation and evaluation of program services and initiatives.
• Plans, implements, evaluates, and coordinates appropriate patient care.
• Consults with members of the care team to ensure effective and efficient patient care delivery across the continuum.
• Collaborates with others to assist with problem identification and resolution, cost containment issues, implementation of new services, and systems/performance measures.
• Under the direction of the Manager, coordinate daily staffing assignments and staffing levels to meet safety and regulatory needs.
• Under the direction of the Manager, implement new hire and annual training to employees per regulatory needs. Assist with performance evaluations.
• Liaison between state and local agencies, parents/guardians, SVSNS, SVMC and Ascension personnel.
• Perform on-call and direct care duties as needed.
• Assists persons served to meet their physical, emotional, spiritual, developmental, health and safety needs.
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
• Licensed Drivers License credentialed from the Connecticut Department of Motor Vehicles obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date
Work Experience: 4 years experience assisting individuals with disabilities.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.