St. Vincent's Medical Center
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Per Diem
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
St. Vincent’s Medical Center in Bridgeport has more than 3,200 employees. It includes a 473-bed community teaching hospital, a 76-bed inpatient psychiatric facility in Westport, a large multispecialty provider group, and special needs services for adults and children. St. Vincent’s is the first hospital in Fairfield County to be integrated into the Hartford HealthCare network, and is the system’s second-largest hospital.
• Evaluates and treats patients with physical, emotional, cognitive and/or
• Assesses patient 's ability to safely and effectively perform independent living
skills. Designs the appropriate plan of care, including type and frequency of
• Implements the treatment plan using appropriate modalities. Documents
findings of patient progress. Monitors and modifies the plan of care as needed.
Seeks consultation as necessary.
• Educates the patient and family/caregiver about patient deficits. Plans and/or
assists with patient discharge from therapy services and provides information
regarding appropriate selection/use of adaptive equipment and support
• Oversees the care provided by certified occupational therapy assistants and
therapy technicians according to established regulations and practice
• Communicates/documents information relevant to patient care to ensure
effective, efficient delivery of quality service, and maximum reimbursement for
• Demonstrates efficient utilization of products, supplies, equipment and time to
ensure the timely completion of duties and promote the smooth operation of
the department. Meets productivity targets.
• Actively employs established safety precautions and procedures in
performance of job responsibilities in order to ensure a safe environment for
patients, guests and co-workers.
• Other Duties as assigned
QualificationsLicensure / Certification / Registration:
• Able to integrate evaluation of patient's condition with the treatment plan required to optimize the patient's rehab potential within the limits of the treatment setting.
• Possess writing skills to accurately and succinctly document patient's abilities and progress in the medical record. Previous experience preferred. Will consider a new graduate.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.