MidState Medical Center
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Part Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
The Hospital of Central Connecticut is an acute-care community teaching hospital, we provide comprehensive inpatient and outpatient services in general medicine and surgery, as well as a wide variety of specialties. Staffed by our talented team of leading professionals, The Hospital of Central Connecticut provides a wide array of services throughout the region, caring for patients from birth through the end of life.
The Patient Ambassador is an essential member of the hospital staff and will be focused on customer service from the moment patients and visitors walk through the hospital doors. Additionally, the Ambassador will provide facility information, handle COVID screening, and badging of visitors. They will serve as a point person for various departments and offices within the hospital assisting with coordinating the workflow for patients and guests while also assuring their operational needs are met.
• Greet and guide patients, caregivers, and visitors in the hospital throughout the day and during evening events.
• Act as a resource for the departments in the hospital assisting in coordinating the workflow for the patients, vendors and staff
• Work with the other Patient Ambassadors and Volunteer team to create workflow and improve processes
• Orient and act as a resource for volunteers at the information desk
• Act as an advocate and liaison for patients and visitors at the time of arrival by greeting guests in a prompt, caring and courteous manner
• Properly badge all patients and visitors coming into the facility using EVisitor Badging software
• Screen hospital visitors for COVID restrictions
• Ensure hospital visitation hours and policies are followed for all who enter building
• Respond to and assist in resolving customer service issues in real time
• Maintain oversight of lobby occupants and assist in coordination of transportation if necessary
• Provide directions or escort guests to requested areas of the hospital
• Works staff throughout the building to improve processes and communicate requisite information
• H.S. Diploma/GED required
• Exceptional customer service and verbal communication skills
• Knowledge of hospital locations and/or services required
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge - helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.