Description Job Schedule:
Full Time Standard Hours:
40 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details:
Monday through Friday
7:30am - 4:00pm
Some weekends, evenings & holidays
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 35,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
The creation of the HHC System Support Office recognizes the work of a large and growing group of employees whose responsibilities are continually evolving so that we and our departments now work on behalf of the system as a whole, rather than a single member organization.
With the creation of our new umbrella organization we now have our own identity with a unique payroll, benefits, performance management system, service recognition programs and other common practices across the system.
Biomedical Technician II
Technician responsible for checks, maintenance and repair of a wide variety of Biomedical equipment, completes appropriate documentation, provides in-service education and works on special projects to guarantee safe, efficient and cost-effective utilization of medical technology. Blends traditional engineering techniques with biological sciences to improve the quality of patient care. Reports to Clinical Engineer or Manager.
- Repairs, maintains and inventories a wide variety of biomedical equipment and instrumentation through assessment, troubleshooting and diagnosis. Requires the use of a variety of tools (i.e. electronic software, computers, specialized hand and power tools) to verify the medical equipment is in a safe and efficient working order.
- Documents work performed, utilizing database management system and/or written reports as per department procedure, to make certain appropriate records are maintained to meet hospital and regulatory requirements.
- Provides service and support to the Central Region, HHC Acute Hospitals and offsite locations as needed.
- Participates in the strategic planning for medical technology through pre-purchase assessment of medical devices/equipment and evaluation of replacement needs.
- Ensures that appropriate technologies are utilized in the hospital and provides input into the evaluation of replacement needs.
- Educates staff on the proper use of biomedical equipment and user-type diagnostic procedures through a combination of formal in-services and informal training.
- Assists with special projects as necessary, by utilizing specialized knowledge and skills to ensure that the goals of HHC are achieved in a cost effective and patient centered manner.
- Coordinates and collaborates with an internal team of multidisciplinary clientele to deliver a full range of quality services exceeding the customer requirements resulting in superior patient care and safety.
- Responsible for taking off hours and holiday on–call assignments. Required to work some weekends.
- Associate Degree in Electronics or Biomedical Technology preferred.
- Requires a minimum of 1 to 3 years of experience as a Biomedical Technician or related field.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team is required.
- Must be proficient with computers and computer programs.
- Must have a strong customer focus.
- Certification by AAMI is desired.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.