Description Job Schedule:
Part Time Standard Hours:
21 Job Shift:
Shift 2 Shift Details:
Evening shift 330p-11p: Thursday and Friday and every other weekend
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
The creation of the HHC System Support Office recognizes the work of a large and growing group of employees whose responsibilities are continually evolving so that we and our departments now work on behalf of the system as a whole, rather than a single member organization.
With the creation of our new umbrella organization we now have our own identity with a unique payroll, benefits, performance management system, service recognition programs and other common practices across the system.
The Hospital of Central Connecticut’s New Britain Emergency Department (ED) treats over 79,000 patients per year with conditions ranging from major trauma, heart attacks and stroke to more minor illness. Our ED-one of the busiest in the state- also has one of the shortest wait times nationwide. Out team consists of board-certified emergency physicians, along with physician assistants, nurses, technicians and other staff that are specially educated in emergency care. We are equipped to handle all types of illnesses and injuries, including life –threatening emergencies.
- Registers/admits patients, obtains, validates and inputs demographics and financial information.
- Verifies payer information and eligibility benefits, provides assistance in financial applications.
- Obtains proper information and signatures on releases/forms.
- Prioritizes patient flow, obtains co-pays and deductibles.
- Constant interaction with patients, families, payers and clinical areas.
- Scanning, heavy phone contact and works various reports.
We take great care of careers.
- High School diploma required. Additional higher education preferred.
- Two years experience in hospital medical or insurance billing preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented with strong analytical skills.
- Professional customer service skills.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word & Excel.
- Bilingual candidates a plus
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.