Job Schedule: Full Time Standard Hours: 40 Job Shift: Shift 1 Shift Details:
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 35,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
The creation of the HHC System Support Office recognizes the work of a large and growing group of employees whose responsibilities are continually evolving so that we and our departments now work on behalf of the system as a whole, rather than a single member organization. With the creation of our new umbrella organization we now have our own identity with a unique payroll, benefits, performance management system, service recognition programs and other common practices across the system.
Coordinates and follows up on all activities of the Health Information Management (HIM) department. Supervised and maintains the daily activities of Regional operations; which includes process and workflows, quality assurance and improvement initiatives, and supervision and competency of staff. Teach and education staff on new systems. Regional operations may include, release of information, scanning records and transcription services, analysis of record completion, and birth registry.
1. Contributes to the development of departmental policies and procedures
2. Establishes performance expectations of staff, coaches, develops and mentors by evaluating performance
3. Communicates goals and objectives and effectively directs team to achieve desired outcomes
4. Manages workflows to ensure maximum productivity and quality standards
5. Performs Quality Assurance checks of work performed by ROI, Scanning, Analysis and Birth Registry
6. Monitors and approves paid time off requests
7. Completes monthly reports as needed or requested by SR. HIM Manager
8. Creates a supportive and positive environment for staff, promoting motivation, teamwork and high performance levels
9. Schedules and conducts regular individual and team meetings for the purpose of disseminating information, performance feedback and development
10. Monitors medical record documentation quality and escalates issues appropriately
11. Manages team projects and participates intra-departmental projects
12. Leads or serves on recurring workgroups, special project and leadership meetings
Job Title of Individual(s) Reports To: HIM Senior Manager
# Direct Reports
Nature of Supervision:
Day to day management of HIM staff and stand work within their region and facilities
Direct supervision of HIM staff. Strong working relationships with medical staff, unit and program managers, quality management, risk management, and leadership team.
Strong working relationships with external customers, patients, families, legal representatives, regulators, surveyors, attorneys, etc.
High School Required, Bachelor’s Preferred
2+ years in Healthcare or HIM operations
Knowledge of Joint Commission, CMS and HIPPA guidelines.
2+ year experience using an electronic medical record (EHR) system.
Proficiency using Microsoft office (Word and Excel, power point)
4+ years in Healthcare or HIM operations, with at least 1 year supervisory experience.
Comprehensive understanding of Joint Commission, CMS and HIPPA guidelines.
4+ years’ experience using an electronic medical record (EHR) system.
Previous Epic experience
Licensure, Certification, Registration
Licensure, Certification, Registration
RHIA, RHIT preferred.
Must be able to speak, read and write English
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.