St. Vincent's Special Needs Center
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Part Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
St. Vincent's Special Needs Services is an approved private special education school that serves students from 3-21 who have significant multiple disabilities and complex medical needs. We are currently seeking an Instructional Aide to assist with the planning and implementation of classroom activities for our students.
Job Summary: Evaluates and treats patients with physical, emotional, cognitive and/or psychosocial deficits.
• Assesses patient 's ability to safely and effectively perform independent living skills. Designs the appropriate plan of care, including type and frequency of treatment.
• Implements the treatment plan using appropriate modalities. Documents findings of patient progress. Monitors and modifies the plan of care as needed. Seeks consultation as necessary.
• Eval and tx children ages 3-21 using a variety of therapy approaches and work closely with team. Year round school calendar.
• Educates the patient and family/caregiver about patient deficits. Plans and/or assists with patient discharge from therapy services and provides information regarding appropriate selection/use of adaptive equipment and support programs.
• Oversees the care provided by certified occupational therapy assistants and therapy technicians according to established regulations and practice standards.
• Communicates/documents information relevant to patient care to ensure effective, efficient delivery of quality service, and maximum reimbursement for services rendered.
• Demonstrates efficient utilization of products, supplies, equipment and time to ensure the timely completion of duties and promote the smooth operation of the department. Meets productivity targets.
• Actively employs established safety precautions and procedures in performance of job responsibilities in order to ensure a safe environment for patients, guests and co-workers.
• Other Duties as assigned
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
• Licensed Occupational Therapist specializing in Occupational Therapy (OTR) credentialed from the Connecticut Department of Public Health obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
One or more of the following:
• Certified Heart Saver AED credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 2 Months (60 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
• Certified Heart Saver AED credentialed from the American Red Cross obtained within 2 Months (60 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
• Graduate of an accredited Occupational Therapy program. Bachelor Degree required, Master's Degree preferred and One year related experience preferred
• Graduate of an accredited Occupational Therapy program.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.