Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Per Diem
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Hartford Hospital is one of the largest and most respected teaching hospitals in New England. We are a Level 1 Trauma Center that provides cutting edge treatment to its patients. This is made possible by being home to the largest robotic surgery center in the Northeast and the Center for Education, Simulation and Innovation (CESI), one of the most-advanced medical simulation training centers in the world. When hospitals cannot provide the advanced care, expertise and new treatment options their patients require, they turn to us.
The Pharmacy Department at Hartford Hospital utilizes a decentralized model with pharmacists embedded on medical teams to advice on optimal drug therapy. We also have an American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP) accredited Pharmacy Residency program, an active Oncology infusion service, and a Retail/Specialty outpatient pharmacy.
Pharmacy Technician Apprentice trains to assist Pharmacists in the preparation, dispensing and distribution of sterile and non-sterile medication throughout the hospital. The training program will include but, not be limited to the following:
• Under direction and supervision assists in the preparation and distribution of medications throughout the hospital which includes in-patient unit dose dispensing and out-patient dispensing.
• Under direction and supervision performs computer activities to maintain patient profiles, entry of charges and credits and generation of unit dose fill lists.
• Under direction and supervision restocks crash cart medications, including documentation and follow through.
• Under direction and supervision prepackages tablets, capsules and other dosage forms for in-patient and out-patient dispensing.
• Under direction and supervision positively interacts with patients and other hospital guests to enhance the quality of case/service provided.
• High School Diploma required or equivalent.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.