Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Hartford Hospital is one of the largest and most respected teaching hospitals New England. We are a Level 1 Trauma Center that provides cutting edge treatment to its patients. This is made possible by being home to the largest robotic surgery center in the Northeast and the Center for Education, Simulation and Innovation (CESI), one of the most-advanced medical simulation training centers in the world. When hospitals cannot provide the advanced care, expertise and new treatment options their patients require, they turn to us.
The Hartford Hospital Community Health at 132 Jefferson Street has an Adult Primary Care Program (APC). The people served in the clinic have a confluence of multiple complex psychosocial needs in the context of serious and chronic illness.
We are committed to equitable access to treatment and outcomes, Social Work is uniquely, in fact ideally, qualified to partner in this work to address the stress of serious illness and address the Social Determinants of Health; including substance use disorders, depression, limited financial resources, food insecurity, housing insecurity, need for social connections, transportation and advocacy.
Social workers are uniquely positioned with a person-in-environment approach to care to address inherent health inequities for our Adult Primary Care patients. Providing comprehensive assessments to anticipate and identify needs to impact intractable healthcare challenges for our highest risk patients.
Social Workers are innovative leaders recognized for integrity and competence; honoring the central importance of human relationships. Social Workers advocate and empower people; enhancing physical, emotional, social and spiritual well-being through culturally competent, empathetic person-centered care.
Hartford Hospital Social Workers provide complex clinical social work as a member of an interprofessional team; care that is informed by comprehensive biopsychosocial-spiritual assessment, intervention and treatment. Demonstrates strong advocacy skills; Requires activated and engaged social worker exerting discretionary effort. Values holistic patient-centered and family-focused care. Will work effectively on a complex interprofessional team.
1. Maintain ethical principles and professional standards of practice in adherence to NASW Code of Ethics
2. Recognize and address health disparities-inequalities and injustices directed toward clients, related to access to care and provision of health services
3. Develop and maintain cultural competence with an understanding of the history, traditions, values, and family systems of client groups as they relate to health care and decision-making. Display a sensitivity to and awareness of the diversity in cultural groups and integrate this knowledge into their practice
4. Provide ongoing assessment, including gathering comprehensive information to use in developing interventions and treatment strategies.
5. Implement intervention and treatment plans that promote client well-being and ensure a continuum of care. Planning shall be based on a comprehensive, culturally competent assessment with interdisciplinary input.
6. Optimize client functioning through case management that facilitates collaboration among providers to address the client’s biomedical and psychosocial needs to better provide efficient, appropriate, and beneficial health care services to a client with multiple needs.
7. Responsible to advocate for the needs and interests of patients including advocating for larger system change to improve access to care and improved delivery of services.
8. Act as educators for patients, families, the community, and other professionals regarding disease prevention, impact of illness and disease progression, advocacy for benefits, health maintenance, and adherence to treatment regimens.
9. Participate in interprofessional care teams, and collaborate with groups in and outside of their practice setting to enhance all aspects of the patient and family system’s care.
10. Maintain timely documentation, which reflect the patient and client systems’ pertinent information for assessment and treatment; social work involvement and outcomes with and for clients.
11. Understand research planning, methodology, evidence-based outcomes, and program evaluation
12. Participate in ongoing, formal evaluation of practice to assess quality and appropriateness of services, to improve practice, and to ensure competence. Effectively utilizes supervision to improve practice,
13. Assume responsibility for continued professional development in accordance with the NASW Standards for Continuing Professional Education and state requirements
14. Provide leadership to ensure access to care and to improve and maintain the quality of care provided demonstrated by contributions to teams and work groups across HH and HHC and include mentoring others within and outside the social work profession.
15. Demonstrates age specific competence, including knowledge, behaviors and community resources, to meet patients’ needs of all age groups, neonates to geriatric populations; work collaboratively with age-specific hospital-based resources, including Geriatric specialists, pre- and post-natal specialists, and other clinical specialists.
16. Active participant in Social Work H3W Huddles, Meetings, generating ideas and works toward solutions.
17. Participant in the Social Work Council structure, embracing department QAPI process, tracks Social work dashboard and is aware of departmental metrics. Can describe the HHC balanced scorecard and cascading metrics for Patient Care Services and Social Work Services.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.