Hartford HealthCare Senior Services at Southington Care Center
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Part Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
The Food and Nutrition Department at Southington Care Center provides the best quality care to those seeking short-term, long-term and rehabilitation services. Southington Care Center features a state-of-the-art rehab pavilion complete with Aqua Therapy and an Occupational Therapy suite that replicates the home setting. Join us at Southington Care Center to help us promote a warm and caring environment for those we serve!
Prepares food according to selected menus, approved recipes and production sheets with knowledge of quantity cooking.
Completes the preparation of all food items in a timely manner and assure that all foods meet required serving temperatures.
Utilizes creativity in garnishing, decorating and developing new recipes.
Complies with stringent health, sanitation, safety , HACCP and food handling standards.
Adheres to quality and cost containment standards.
Reports to appropriate Food Services Manager
• Culinary Certification of Accreditation preferred.
• QFO (Qualified Food Operator Certificate) preferred or required within six months of employment.
• Minimum 2 years experience as a cook in a large volume institution preferred.
• Ability to read, speak English and follow recipes in a cost effective manner.
• Basic Math skills.
• Ability to operate institutional kitchen equipment.
• Quantity production experience preferred.
• Ability to tolerate lifting, pushing and pulling up to 80 pounds and long term standing.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment