Description Job Schedule:
Per Diem Standard Hours:
1 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details:
Per diem, as needed
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Charlotte Hungerford Hospital is a 122-bed, general acute care community hospital located in Torrington, Connecticut, that serves as a regional health care resource for the 100,000 residents of Litchfield County and Northwest Connecticut. CHH offers personalized attention from an expert team of caregivers and physicians that utilize advanced technology and clinical partnerships in a convenient, safe and comfortable patient environment.
Performs radiologic Ultrasound exams for diagnostic purposes according to the Department of Radiology’s philosophy, goals, policies and procedures
- Operates or oversees operation of ultrasound imaging equipment to produce images of the body for diagnostic purposes.
- Positions patients and imaging equipment; adjusting technical factors according to specification of examination. Operates ultrasound equipment to produce the most reliable and informational data
- Responsible for ensuring that accurate database of clinical and financial information is maintained in the Radiology Information System
- Transports patients to the ultrasound procedure room. Explains procedures and observes patients to ensure safety and comfort during scan
- Reviews and evaluates computer generated information for technical quality.
- Uses appropriate safety procedures for handling, storage and disposal of biohazardous, infectious, radioactive and toxic substances.
- Assists physicians as required
- Perform other related duties as required
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL REQUIREMENTS, AND DESIRED ATTRIBUTES
- Explains procedures to patients.
- Maintains records of examination data and other pertinent information on patients.
- Maintains a log of all patients tested and enters charge or credit into computer,
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, inservice meetings, and workshops.
- Assists in developing and maintaining department records and reports, and collecting statistical data.
- Assists with care and maintenance of department equipment and supplies.
- Maintains inventory of supplies and equipment.
- Assists in maintaining all regulatory requirements, including collecting and submitting data for accreditation.
- Attends meetings as required.
- Performs related receptionist and clerical functions as required.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
- Graduate of accredited Ultrasound Program required
- Minimum 6 months experience in Ultrasound required, hospital setting preferred
- Licensure, Certification, Registration
- RDMS or RT(U)
- Working knowledge of computers, PACS, digital technology & RIS systems
- Knowledge of ultrasound principles and practices sufficient to be able to perform a wide range of duties relative to work assignment
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.