St. Vincent's Medical Center
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Per Diem
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
St. Vincent’s Medical Center in Bridgeport has more than 3,200 employees. It includes a 473-bed community teaching hospital, a 76-bed inpatient psychiatric facility in Westport, a large multispecialty provider group, and special needs services for adults and children. St. Vincent’s is the first hospital in Fairfield County to be integrated into the Hartford HealthCare network, and is the system’s second-largest hospital.
• Performs nuclear medicine therapeutic and diagnostic procedures providing
quality images to radiologists and physicians for interpretation.
• Maintains and operates cameras that detect and map radioactive drugs in a
patient's body to create diagnostic images.
• Positions patients and selects anatomic and technical factors accurately.
• Orders, prepares, administers, and disposes of radiopharmaceuticals
according to established protocols.
• Follows radiation safety procedures and guidelines.
• Appropriately responds to any emergencies related to radioactive materials
• Maintain and follow accreditation protocols and procedures, work with
management to maintain accreditation
• Maintain JCAHO standards as determined
• Assure appropriateness of procedure by reviewing the radiology order placed
prior to performing exam. Should be able to explain procedure to the patient
for their safety and comfort during exams
• Able to perform on all age groups from infant to adult/geriatric
• Other Duties as assigned
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
• Required Credential(s):
• One or more of the following:
• Registered Nuclear Medical Tech specializing in Nuclear Medicine
credentialed from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT)
obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.Must have NMTCB or ARRT
• Certified Nuclear Medical Tech credentialed from the Nuclear Medicine
Technology Certification Board (NMTCB) obtained prior to hire date or job
transfer date.Must have NMTCB or ARRT certification
• Associates Degree in an Allied Health program relating to Nuclear Medicine or
completion of a one year course of study in Nuclear Medicine Technology.
• Minimum one year experience in Nuclear Medicine Technology Imaging.
• Preferably w/ lead experience.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.