Job Schedule: Per Diem Standard Hours: 1 Job Shift: Shift 1 Shift Details: Monday-Friday
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut's most comprehensive healthcare network.
Hartford HealthCare Medical Group is one of the largest medical practices in New England with multiple locations throughout Connecticut and Rhode Island. We consist of a team of professionals ranging from Medical Assistants to Physician Assistants and everything in between. Our physician led medical group enjoys an excellent reputation with patients and the medical community, offering primary care, urgent care and more than 30 different specialties.
Provides direct nursing care to patients undergoing diagnostic, therapeutic and interventional procedures in the Cardiac Catheterization Lab.
• Assesses, prepares and positions patients for procedures. Performs conscious sedation and hemodynamic monitoring as necessary.
• Prepares, implements and documents plan of care. Communicates patient's condition to physician before, during and after procedures.
• Performs and/or facilitates diagnostic, therapeutic and interventional procedures.
• Performs set up and provides equipment and supplies before, during and after procedures.
• Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to assess patients and to identify physical, psychosocial, cultural, spiritual and age-related needs in order to provide individualized care to the patient.
• Delegates aspects of care to other nursing personnel consistent with their level of education and expertise in order to meet patients' needs and to maximize staff performance.
• Participates in daily interdisciplinary patient rounds. Demonstrates knowledge of patients' condition and is able to provide appropriate input to meet desired outcomes for the appropriate patient population.
• Reflects ANA Scope and Standards of Nursing Practice (2015), ANA Code of Ethics (2015), and ANA Social Policy Statement (2015).
• Develops, implements and revises individualized plans of care.
• Participates in activities for professional growth and development outside of patient care.
Associates Degree in Nursing Required. BSN Preferred.
Travel to other East Region HVI offices may be required
• Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Connecticut Department of Public Health obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
• One or more of the following:
• Certified Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
• Certified Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Red Cross obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
• Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Red Cross obtained within 2 Months (60 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
• Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 2 Months (60 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge - helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.