St. Vincent's Medical Center
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Per Diem
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
St. Vincent’s Medical Center in Bridgeport has more than 3,200 employees. It includes a 473-bed community teaching hospital, a 76-bed inpatient psychiatric facility in Westport, a large multispecialty provider group, and special needs services for adults and children. St. Vincent’s is the first hospital in Fairfield County to be integrated into the Hartford HealthCare network, and is the system’s second-largest hospital.
• Communicates with patients and staff to accurately schedule patients for prescribed procedures.
• Gathers necessary demographic and clinical information from patient and enters into appropriate database. Seeks appropriate resources to resolve issues about the type, date or location of prescribed procedures.
• Schedules patient procedures in a manner that most efficiently utilizes the patient's time and clinical resources.
• Assists with coordination of activities related to insurance pre-certification/authorization.
• Provides counseling to patient or patient's representative regarding pre- service requirements and instructions.
• Gathers necessary demographic and clinical information from physician offices associated with patient and enters into appropriate database.
• Addresses inconsistencies in patient orders to minimize interruption in patient care.
• Maintains knowledge of protocol in order to appropriately schedule.
• Other Duties as assigned.
• Some experience in medical/acute care preferred.
• Strong customer and communication skills required.
• Computer proficiency and prior experience with Electronic Medical Records
Systems a plus.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.