New Britain General
New Britain, CT
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Per Diem
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
The Hospital of Central Connecticut is an acute-care community teaching hospital, we provide comprehensive inpatient and outpatient services in general medicine and surgery, as well as a wide variety of specialties. Staffed by our talented team of leading professionals, The Hospital of Central Connecticut provides a wide array of services throughout the region, caring for patients from birth through the end of life.
We are currently looking for an Echo Technologist who functions as a sonographer, specializing in cardiac ultrasound.
• Performs all clinical and technical aspects of echocardiography including
o Transthoracic echocardiograms
o Exercise and pharmacological stress echocardiograms
o Trans esophageal echocardiograms
• Provides safe and appropriate care to patients undergoing echocardiography by maintaining comprehensive understanding of cardiac anatomy, physiology and pathophysiology.
• Generates accurate preliminary echo reports for physician review utilizing a computerized system.
• Maintains technical skill and knowledge in the use of digital echo imaging equipment and computerized network systems.
• Appropriately interprets and responds to critical result echocardiograms per departmental policy.
• Assists in the scheduling and triaging of patient testing.
• Adheres to hospital infection control policies and procedures.
• Performs and documents appropriate checks on equipment (TEE probe) used in the clinic setting.
• May serve as a preceptor for cardiac ultrasound students.
• Assures that accurate patient charging/billing is completed.
• Participates in echocardiography performance improvement initiatives, educational programs and quarterly ICEAL meetings.
• Supports the organization’s values and the departmental philosophy of teamwork, productivity, quality and fiscal responsibility.
• Provides age appropriate care to those ranging from young adult to older adult.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Graduate of an approved cardiovascular program.
• Associates Degree in Health Care. (Bachelor’s Degree in a health related field preferred.)
• CPR Certification required.
• Must be a Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS) with the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) or a Registered Cardiac Sonographer (RCS) with Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI), or must obtain either registry within 6 months of hire.
• Experience with two-dimensional, m-mode, Doppler, TEE and stress echo required.
• The ability to work independently
• On Call Required
Critical Success Factors:
• Three years’ experience in echocardiography including expertise in TEE, TTE, pharmacological and exercise stress echo.
• Ability and desire to learn.
• Assumes personal responsibility for success for self and department.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.