Description Job Schedule:
Per Diem Standard Hours:
1 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details:
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 35,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
The creation of the HHC System Support Office recognizes the work of a large and growing group of employees whose responsibilities are continually evolving so that we and our departments now work on behalf of the system as a whole, rather than a single member organization.
With the creation of our new umbrella organization we now have our own identity with a unique payroll, benefits, performance management system, service recognition programs and other common practices across the system.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Applies knowledge of anatomy and physiology, clinical disease processes, pharmacology, and diagnostic and procedural terminology to determine the appropriate assignment of diagnosis codes.
- Analyzes medical records, interprets documentation and assigns proper ICD-10-CM diagnosis codes utilizing designated software, coding manuals and other reference material as required
- Conducts OASIS documentation review, identifying inconsistencies and opportunities for improvement and works with clinical staff to attain accuracy and optimal outcomes
- Adheres to all department coding procedures, policies, guidelines and quality standards.
- Complete on a daily basis cases that have been assigned to them utilizing the appropriate work lists.
- Accounts coded: Home Health coding and OASIS review.
- Abides by the Standards of Ethical Coding as set forth by the American Health Information Management Association/American Association of Procedural Coders and adheres to official coding guidelines.
- Seeks clarification from clinicians, physician and others as needed to complete coding and OASIS reviews..
- Initiate physician coding queries.
- Makes corrections based on collaboration with clinician or designee.
- Complete cases that have been assigned to them for review of edits, etc.
- Maintain tracking spreadsheet for productivity/meetings.
- Meet revenue cycle goals (Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)and Productivity Standards)
- Mentoring other coders during their orientation period and assists them in understanding policies and procedures and HIM systems.
- Assists manager with special projects/other tasks as assigned
Requirements and Specifications
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent experience
- RN preferred
- 1 -years of on-the-job experience performing Home Health coding and OASIS review.
Licensure, Certification, Registration
- HCS-D or BCHH-C certification required and maintained thereafter.
- Working knowledge of OASIS.
- OASIS Certification (HCS-O or COS-C) required within 12 months of hire and maintained thereafter.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability Requirements:
- ICD-10-CM diagnostic codes
- Working knowledge of clinical information
- Knowledge of PDGM payment model
- Microsoft Office Products; Word, Excel
- Read, write and speak English proficiently.
- Solid analytical capabilities.
- Good organizational skills.
- Proficiently read and interpret physician writing.
- Function independently.
- Handle multiple priorities.
- Listen and acknowledge ideas and expressions of others attentively.
- Converse clearly using appropriate verbal and body language.
- Collaborate with others to achieve a common goal through mutual cooperation.
Influence others for positive and productive outcomes.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.