St. Vincent's Medical Center
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
St. Vincent’s Medical Center in Bridgeport has more than 3,200 employees. It includes a 473-bed community teaching hospital, a 76-bed inpatient psychiatric facility in Westport, a large multispecialty provider group, and special needs services for adults and children. St. Vincent’s is the first hospital in Fairfield County to be integrated into the Hartford HealthCare network, and is the system’s second-largest hospital.
• Performs laboratory testing of patient specimens in one or more sections of
• Performs diagnostic/analytic testing of specimens. Interprets, documents and
reports test results.
• Performs quality control testing, instrument maintenance and troubleshooting.
• Verifies analytic accuracy, precision, sensitivity and references ranges for test
• Serves as a resource to staff as needed.
• Responsible for training and mentoring of staff and students.
• Maintain continuing education standards and competencies per department
• Actively involved in quality assurance program within the department.
• Other Duties as assigned
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
• Required Credential(s):
• Certified Clinical Medical Technologist (ASCP) credentialed from the American
Society of Clinical Pathologists obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire
date or job transfer date.
• B.S. Degree in Medical Technology or a B.S. Degree in a related field required
and One (1) year previous experience working in a clinical laboratory
preferred. Able to perform phlebotomy Able to perform manual testing
procedures, and to operate and troubleshoot complex laboratory
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.