Charlotte Hungerford Hospital
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Per Diem
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Charlotte Hungerford Hospital is a 122-bed, general acute care community hospital located in Torrington, Connecticut, that serves as a regional health care resource for the 100,000 residents of Litchfield County and Northwest Connecticut. CHH offers personalized attention from an expert team of caregivers and physicians that utilize advanced technology and clinical partnerships in a convenient, safe and comfortable patient environment.
This per diem Physical Therapy Assistant (PTA) position will support both our inpatient and outpatient settings. Under the supervision of a Physical Therapist, provides physical therapy services to patients following the plan of care established by a physical therapist in accordance with all existing regulatory and company standards, policies and procedures.
1. Under the supervision of a physical therapist, provides physical therapy services, reassessing the patient’s status on each visit and ensuring quality of care as evidenced in the medical record.
2. Coordinates patient care with other clinical team members ensuring optimal patient care and communication as evidenced in the clinical record.
3. Completes all required documentation following hospital policies and procedures to ensure that documentation reflects care provided and the outcomes achieved as evidenced in the medical record.
4. Maintains and enhances personal knowledge as well as promoting professional standards
in physical therapy.
5. Attends all required safety training programs and can describe his or her responsibilities related to general safety, department/service safety, and specific job related hazards.
6. Follows the hospital infection control procedures.
7. Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment.
8. Promotes effective working relations and works effectively as part of a team inter- and intra- departmentally to facilitate the department’s ability to meet
Graduate of an approved associate degree program as a PTA.
Current State PTA license.
Current CPR certification.
Two years’ experience with a varied patient population.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.