Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Per Diem
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Join us at Backus Hospital as we live our values every day. As part of Hartford HealthCare we create a better future for healthcare in Connecticut and beyond. By embodying these values we have become nationally respected for patient care and most trusted for personalized coordinated care. Come be part of something special!
For more than 118 years, Backus Hospital has been the primary source of healthcare services for much of Eastern Connecticut. We are home to the only trauma center in New London and Windham counties, and are the only area hospital with LIFE STAR helicopter services. We deliver and coordinate a continuum of high-quality healthcare with the goal of improving the health of our communities.
Demonstrates clinical competence through utilization of the nursing process and development of a synergistic nurse-patient relationship. Assesses and identifies patient problems/needs, establishes a plan of care, implements and evaluates care provided to patients.
• Graduate of a school of nursing (BSN or MSN preferred)
• At least one (1) year experience and/or successful completion of The William W. Backus Hospital Nurse Residency Program.
• Ability to obtain and maintain Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification within 90 days of hire.
• Current unrestricted License in good standing to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Connecticut.
• Current Basic Life Support (BLS) upon hire.
We take great care of careers.
As a Hartford Healthcare entity, The Hartford Hospital Institute of Living provides eligible employees with an extensive benefits package and all the benefits of working in a thriving centrally located urban community: