MidState Medical Center
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Serving our community since 1998, MidState Medical Center is a vibrant and progressive organization with a genuine concern for our patients, community, and employee’s alike. We’ve earned top honors for quality stroke care, gold level recognition for organ donation, and employing leaders in the field of cardiovascular and pulmonary rehabilitation, providing the highest quality level of care.
Our Nurses work in collaborative environments with strong interdisciplinary teams, focused on a patient centered care model in a richly diverse work space. Under the direction and general supervision of the Nurse Manager, the registered nurse utilizes evidence based practices in accordance with the State Nurse Practice Act, policies and procedures of the hospital and as directed by the medical staff. The registered nurse who through knowledge and ability uses the nursing process to develop a plan of care which includes standards of practice to meet the physical, emotional spiritual, cultural and educational needs of the patient and family.
The SWOT Nurse is a highly skilled and experienced Registered Nurse responsible for the facilitation of patient care in complex and/or with respect to diversified nursing functions in unpredictable situations on a short-term basis requiring critical thinking and immediate action. Under the guidance and direction of the ICU Manager, the SWOT Nurse is responsible for providing additional assistance/support to a variety of nursing departments on a given shift.
• Provide expert assessment, prioritization, initiation and document of critical care patient outside of the ICU settings.
• Provides specialized and non-routine nursing care for patients in critical care units, general care units, and specialty procedure settings
• Demonstrates leadership and acts as an expert resource in complex, urgent situations
• Identify trends or variances in effectiveness of care for non-routine/highly complex patients
• Assumes responsibility for the short term coordination and management of care for specific patients during emergencies, specialty procedures and post-operative recovery
• Considers unit acuity and unit staffing when prioritizing patient care in collaboration with Nurse Manager or Nursing Coordinator
• Reinforce patient /family education and provide information as situation warrants
• Demonstrate extensive critical care knowledge base and ability to apply this in a variety of specialty settings
• Incorporates environmental and safety practices into all facets of patient care
• Assisting nurses in emergent care and/or busy patient assignments
• Transport of patients to the critical care unit
• Responding to codes and rapid responses
• Rounding on all units to be available for any unforeseen issues
• Patient Experience: follow up with critical care patient transfers to the med surg units.
RN with current Connecticut license.
Experience in PACU, ED or Critical Care Unit for a minimum of 3 years
Critical Success Factors:
Effective, collaborative, as well as autonomous practice
Highly effective verbal and written communication skills.
Self-directed in clinical responsibilities and strong prioritizing skills.
Demonstrated ability to work effectively with other departments.
Ability to manage and organize multiple clinical priorities.
Strong leadership, coaching and mentoring skills.
Flexibility and functions calmly under pressure
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.