Description Job Schedule:
Full Time Standard Hours:
40 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details:
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Hartford Healthcare’s Community Network is comprised of Hartford Healthcare at Home, Independence at Home, Senior Services, Center for Healthy Aging & Good Life, Hartford Healthcare Rehab Network and St. Vincent’s Special Needs Services. The Employee Relations Consultant will support Senior Services and Independence at Home.
The Employee Relations Consultant acts as a liaison between the employer and employee to improve performance, mitigate risk and ensure compliance with policies and State/Federal labor law/regulations. Works to maintain a positive employee relations culture by proactively assessing the work environment to identify and mitigate risk situations. Working with leadership and employees, facilitates appropriate investigation of workplace concerns and enables resolution. Teach, coach and mentor leaders on effectively communicating with and engaging employees.
- Facilitate investigative process to resolve employee relations concerns; able to interpret various organizational policies to inform decision making
- Guides leaders through the performance improvement process utilizing coaching and development, formal corrective action and decision guide tools
- Proactively collect, analyze and summarize various data and identify trends; collaborate with appropriate stakeholders to determine appropriate solutions; partner with leadership to implement countermeasures to reduce turnover and drive engagement
- Partner with Human Capital Consultant (HCC) to determine need for strategic planning, identify engagement and retention opportunities and execute HCC recommended solutions; coach leaders to exhibit behaviors that support the Hartford HealthCare culture
- Guide leader’s decision making related to the performance evaluation and merit compensation program; review and approve performance ratings and merit increases in compensation tool; as needed, assist leaders in developing a business case to justify need for position elimination/reduction in force
- Partner with legal resources, participate in various dispute resolution situations (i.e. CHRO, litigation, EEOC, unemployment etc.)
- Facilitate/communicate Center Of Excellence (COE) program changes
- As applicable, work with bargaining unit employees and leadership to maintain effective relationships; drives employee grievance process; participates in contract planning and negotiations
- Perform other related duties as required
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Preferably in Human Resource Management
- 3 or more years’ experience in Human Resources/Employee Relations required
- PHR preferred
- Ability to work with a high volume of requests and manage time effectively
- Ability to communicate and partner effectively with support departments and stakeholders at all levels
- Strong investigation and consultative skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office Suite skills, especially in Excel and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated success with Program and Process facilitation/presentation
- Analytical and critical thinking ability; comfortable working with and interpreting large data sets
- Conflict Resolution skills
- Coaching and mentoring ability
- Basic knowledge of labor law, grievance arbitration, contract interpretation and negotiations (as needed)
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.