St. Vincent's Special Needs Center
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Per Diem
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
St. Vincent’s Medical Center in Bridgeport has more than 3,200 employees. It includes a 473-bed community teaching hospital, a 76-bed inpatient psychiatric facility in Westport, a large multispecialty provider group, and special needs services for adults and children. St. Vincent’s is the first hospital in Fairfield County to be integrated into the Hartford HealthCare network, and is the system’s second-largest hospital.
Job Summary: Conducts medically prescribed physical therapy under the supervision of a physical therapist.
• Provides physical therapy interventions under a plan of care written by a physical therapist.
• Performs therapy interventions utilizing techniques and skills as appropriate for the patient population.
• Documents treatment interventions given.
• May coordinate activities of physical therapy aides, students and other support personnel.
• Communicates/documents information relevant to patient care to ensure effective, efficient delivery of quality service, and maximum reimbursement for services.
• Demonstrates efficient utilization of products, supplies, equipment and time to ensure the timely completion of duties and promote the smooth operation of the department. Meets productivity targets.
• Actively employs established safety precautions and procedures in performance of job responsibilities in order to ensure a safe environment for patients, guests and co-workers.
• Other Duties as assigned
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
• Rehab Therapist specializing in Physical Therapy Asst credentialed from the Connecticut Board of Examiners for Physical Therapists obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
One or more of the following:
• Certified Heart Saver AED credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 2 Months (60 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
• Certified Heart Saver AED credentialed from the American Red Cross obtained within 2 Months (60 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
Education: Associate Degree required in PT from an accredited physical therapy program.
Work Experience: Will consider new graduate.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.