Description Job Schedule:
Full Time Standard Hours:
40 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details:
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 35,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
The creation of the HHC System Support Office recognizes the work of a large and growing group of employees whose responsibilities are continually evolving so that we and our departments now work on behalf of the system as a whole, rather than a single member organization.
With the creation of our new umbrella organization we now have our own identity with a unique payroll, benefits, performance management system, service recognition programs and other common practices across the system.
Basic Purpose Of The Job
Under the direction of the Patient Access Manager, the Patient Access Supervisor oversees the activities of the department to ensure prompt patient access and registration. Models the effective, efficient operation of the department by scheduling and assigning work, resolving processing problems, collecting data to monitor progress, and carrying an assigned workload or filling in as necessary. Continually strives to improve quality and productivity by identifying improvement opportunities, and recommending and implementing changes.
- Maintains departmental schedule.
- Processes all time off requests within departmental guidelines.
- Communicates with staff on constant and timely basis regarding the status of time off requests.
- Continually updates scheduling software with changes to the schedule.
- Prepares work schedule to provide continuous and adequate coverage.
- Approves timecards and approves by the deadline.
- Consistently and fairly implements Human Resource policies.
- Conducts and completes six month and yearly employee performance appraisals.
- Follows Human Resource policies to implement positive disciplinary procedures when necessary.
- Timely termination of employees through HR Express and to set up exit interview with employee and HR partner
- Primarily responsible for shift to shift operations in emergency department and Patient Access.
- Maintains workflow, sets priorities and provides direction to Patient Access staff.
- Completes weekly ED Zone assignments
Reassigns staff as needed to respond to registration volume demands and minimize patient delays.
- Manages call outs and finds adequate coverage for shift.
- Monitors the effectiveness of emergency department registration policy and procedures.
- Holds staff accountable for adhering to standard registration work processes
- Attends monthly departmental and general management meetings.
- Gathers, interprets and delivers information to staff in a timely fashion.
- Communicates with staff effectively, resolving conflicts that may hamper relations and productivity.
- Uses hospital communication resources to inform internal and external audiences of departmental news, achievements and polices.
- Exhibits excellent communication skills at all times.
- Consistently uses a pleasant tone of voice.
- Handles telephone calls in a professional manner.
- Identifies department and self to caller.
- Courteously assists caller.
- Communicates courteously with;
- Patients and their families, visitors and staff.
- Physicians and their staff to determine the patients’ needs.
- Insurance companies to secure accurate information, pre-certifications, etc.
6.Orders office supplies from WB Mason
- Maintains appropriate supply levels for department
- Prepares Daily Cash Deposits
Follows cash reconciliation processes for all patient payments
- Prepare the deposit for cash and Checks
- Fill out deposit slip and place in sealed bag for sky com courier
- Copy deposit slip and strip from tamper proof bag on to treasury form template.
- Log into Skycom to get the deposit #
- Scan treasury form into ONBase
- Monitors Registration Quality
- Conducts monthly quality audit for registration accuracy for staff
- Runs EPIC reg timing report once a month for accounts for quality audit.
- Reviews 3 accounts per staff member following reg. accuracy criteria.
- Logs results per staff member in the excel spreadsheet each month.
- Gives coaching and mentoring as needed to improve staff performance.
- Monitors daily assignment of EPIC WQ’s to ensure staff is completing in timely manner
- Completes daily assignment of WQ’s and gives feedback and coaching to staff member
- Completes the Denial, & Claim Edit WQ’s daily
- Corrects CHIME error reports twice a month by the submission deadlines.
- Maintains expected professionalism at all times.
- Attends required meetings as part of continuing education process.
- Works to provide the best possible hospital experience for the patient.
- Demonstrates ability to tactfully handle difficult situations with patients, families and physicians by remaining calm.
- Never discusses personal matters, other personnel or other patients while there is a patient or family member in the area.
- Responds to change in work schedules as necessary.
- Recognizes and performs duties which need to be performed, although not directly assigned.
- Becomes cross-trained and performs other duties as directed/required.
- Becomes cross-trained within the Access Services areas.
- Assists in the training/cross-training process of other team members.
- Regularly assists/supports coworkers in every aspect of their duties.
- Supervisory experience with ability to lead, supervise, coordinate and hold multiple staff accountable
- Ability to adapt and work in a high-pressure environment and exercise critical thinking skills.
- Ability to adapt and respond to constant changing work environment.
- Ability to problem solve and lead team processes.
- Strong communication skills required, both written and verbal
- Requires organizational skills and the ability to prioritize multitask and delegate.
- Requires experience in self-directed activities and work teams
- Proficient at Microsoft Office and data entry skills.
- Thorough understanding of the Revenue Cycle and the role and responsibilities of Patient Access within the Revenue Cycle.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.