Description Job Schedule:
Per Diem Standard Hours:
1 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details:
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Charlotte Hungerford Hospital is a 122-bed, general acute care community hospital located in Torrington, Connecticut, that serves as a regional health care resource for the 100,000 residents of Litchfield County and Northwest Connecticut. CHH offers personalized attention from an expert team of caregivers and physicians that utilize advanced technology and clinical partnerships in a convenient, safe and comfortable patient environment.
Independently evaluates, determines the treatment strategies, delivers and/or delegates services that identify, restore and remediate upper extremity function, maximize independence and activities of daily living as well as cognitive and perceptual motor function. This role encompasses evaluation skills and techniques, analysis of patients' abilities to perform activites of daily living, exercise and other procedures to maximize functional performance.
- Performs evaluations for upper extremity strength, motor control, joint mobility, soft tissue integrity, pain, balance, coordination, perceptual-cognitive motor function, and functional abilities of daily living through physician referrals. Recognizes physiological, psychological, and age related changes in the patient, consults with other Health Care Team members, and establishes measurable goals with the patient/family based on appropriate patient care protocols and critical paths in order to meet patient needs.
- Plans, implements, delivers, and delegates patient care by utlizing appropriate interventions and age specific treatment through selected activities and exercises, revising treatment when needed, instructing patient/family through verbal written and audiovisual materials and participating in discharge planning including recommendations to community resources to meet patient needs throughout the continuum of care.
- Coordinates time management of self and support personnel by organizing schedules to meet patient care needs, carrying a patient load that reflects standards of the service area and collaborating with team members for assistance and coverage when needed to meet patient outcomes and department goals and standards. Supervises responsibilities that have been delegated to supportive personnel.
- Documents all patient and professional interactions such as evaluations, assessments, progress toward goals, equipment purchase orders, statistical reports, home programs and discharge summaries to maintain continuity of patient care for department standards, outside regulatory and insurance agencies.
- Communicates understanding both verbally and nonverbally to patients and families, health care team members, supervisors, and students in an appropriate manner to enhance positive relationships both internally and externally. Demonstrates professionalism in all interactions to promote the needs of the patient and the institution they represent.
- Work effectively as a team with the site and with customers to provide quality service through communication, cooperation and collaboration. Demonstrates characteristics that reflect a commitment to exceptional customer services and the achievement of overall company strategic goals.
- Participates in community and marketing activities. Promotes practice through development of effective physician relationships.
- Maintains cleanliness of work environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of Occupational Therapy Program from an accredited American Occupational Therapy Association school, BS degree or entry level master's degree.
- CT active or temporary license.
- CPR certification
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.