Description Job Schedule:
Part Time Standard Hours:
20 Job Shift:
Shift 2 Shift Details:
Orientation & Training (6am-2:30pm x 3-4 weeks)
Can pick up available mornings.
Work where every moment
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Charlotte Hungerford Hospital is a 122-bed, general acute care community hospital located in Torrington, Connecticut, that serves as a regional health care resource for the 100,000 residents of Litchfield County and Northwest Connecticut. CHH offers personalized attention from an expert team of caregivers and physicians that utilize advanced technology and clinical partnerships in a convenient, safe and comfortable patient environment.
The Catering Associate is responsible for patient food service on specifically assigned units. Duties range from assisting with menu selections, tray assembly, tray delivery/pick up, special requests, and any off schedule meal delivery as needed. This position requires attention to detail when selecting patient menu items. This is done prior to each meal in compliance with each patient's dietary restrictions, special or modified diets to ensure optimal food preferences are met.
- Offers alternatives to menu as allowed on prescribed diet in accordance with food allergies and sensitivities, cultural, ethnic and religious preferences, when patient inquires or needs additional selections.
- Assembles trays according to patients menu on tray tickets in a timely and accurate manner.
- Interacts with nursing to ensure patients- diet prescriptions are accurate, and patients- food needs are met.
- Completes catering rounds after passing trays to inquire if patient needs anything else.
- Retrieves trays from patients- rooms shortly after completing round.
- Maintains accurate and current information for each patient on assigned unit(s).
- Assists dietitian with monitoring of patients who are NPO, on liquid diets or have a calorie count ordered.
- Communicates any patient related problems/concerns to appropriate personnel, in a timely manner following departmental procedures.
- Adheres to facility confidentiality and patient's rights policy as outlined in the facility's HIPAA policies and procedures.
- High school education; or up to one month related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute ratio, and percent.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.