MidState Medical Center
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Per Diem
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut's most comprehensive healthcare network.
Serving our community since 1998, MidState Medical Center is a vibrant and progressive organization with a genuine concern for our patients, community, and employee’s alike. We’ve earned top honors for quality stroke care, gold level recognition for organ donation, and employing leaders in the field of cardiovascular and pulmonary rehabilitation, providing the highest quality level of care.
• Accurately screen body temperature of employees and visitors entering the building
• Preform operational related tasks (e.g. set up and maintain temperature screening posts, continuity of standard work at various posts within the hospital.)
• Ability to follow written script and algorithm when addressing individuals entering the building
• Perform tray passing duties for nursing units; donning & doffing of PPE to ensure safety precautions are maintained
• Assist with “helping hands” nursing assistance including but not limited to stocking supplies, acting as a runner for nursing staff, transport of patients in support of discharge process
• Ensure that a patient's general environment is clean by removing food trays, making the bed, changing sheets as necessary, and maintaining a clean work environment.
• Handles unexpected situations and shows the ability to exercise independent thought and actions when necessary.
• Adhere to all relevant health and safety standards while working.
• Readily assists other personnel when requested
• Inspires confidence from patients and visitors by performing and communicating in a professional manner at all times.
• Responds to changes in work schedules as necessary or as requested
• Greets patients in a courteous manner, responds to patients with empathy and positive interpersonal skills
• Demonstrates competence in all procedures required
• Can be counted on to carry out instructions and fulfill job responsibilities
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Current enrollment in an accredited ASN or BSN program.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an
organization on the cutting edge - helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment