Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Hartford Hospital is one of the largest and most respected teaching hospitals New England. We are a Level 1 Trauma Center that provides cutting edge treatment to its patients. This is made possible by being home to the largest robotic surgery center in the Northeast and the Center for Education, Simulation and Innovation (CESI), one of the most-advanced medical simulation training centers in the world. When hospitals cannot provide the advanced care, expertise and new treatment options their patients require, they turn to us.
Don’t miss the opportunity to be part of the new state of the art Bone and Joint Institute at Hartford Hospital. The first new stand-alone Orthopedic Hospital in the Northeast in over 50 years! Our Mission is to be acknowledged as the regional leader in patient-centered, innovative musculoskeletal care, providing cutting edge care to patients in Connecticut and surrounding states. We are seeking dedicated, passionate individuals who would like the opportunity to be part of a team with a patient-centered approach, which brings decades of experience in providing the most innovative musculoskeletal & orthopedic care. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, as well as a stimulating work environment that inspires excellence.
Responsible for coordinating and overseeing recruiting, interviewing and collecting data for orthopedic patients and subjects for multiple types of industry sponsored clinical trials and investigator initiated studies.
• Assists in the implementation of Orthopedic protocols, consent forms, progress reports and queries for patient satisfaction, outcomes measures, and research.
• Obtains consent from patients for inclusion in registries and databases concerning outcomes measures and research.
• Collects data, provides data entry, and creates queries/reports concerning quality assurance and research projects.
• Develops and maintains a thorough knowledge of patient registries and project databases in order to implement and maintain the registry/databases to meet the ongoing needs of the Institute.
• Helps implement quality improvement protocols for the Institute.
• Performs and coordinates administrative work as required (e.g., communication with the IRB, preparation of data for NIH reports, etc.)
• Contributes to the effective utilization of quality resources, and research assets. May contribute to sections of articles for research publications.
• Performs a variety of tasks. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
•Bachelor’s Degree in an appropriate discipline.
•1 to 2 years prior experience as a Research Assistant I or equivalent position
•This position requires a level of research experience and knowledge of relevant research protocols, principles and procedures.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.