Mansfield Center, CT
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Natchaug Hospital is Eastern Connecticut’s leading provider for children, adolescents and adults with mental illness and substance abuse addictions. We offer a variety of programs including inpatient and outpatient behavioral health, residential treatment for court-involved teenage girls, geriatric services, clinical day treatment schools and chemical dependency services. Through our multi-site network of care, we constantly strive to meet its mission in helping people find their way while educating and empowering individuals to participate in their own care and recovery.
Using a variety of advanced skills; provides an advanced level of maintenance services and support for hospital, school programs, grounds, equipment, vehicles, furnishings, and fixtures. Maintain the physical environment to support client care and professional staff. Will use hand tools, power equipment, chemicals and supplies in a safe manner to complete daily routine.
• Tradesman experience required (5 or more years) with previous health care facility experience preferred
• Licensure and/or certification in a skilled trades field preferred and will be considered in lieu of experience
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Valid Connecticut Driver’s License, in good standing
• Must be able to comprehend technical operating and maintenance manuals, safety instructions and work orders
• Ability to prepare sketches, plans, and construction details, material and labor estimates for construction and repair projects preferred
• Requires knowledge and hands-on experience with one or more building construction trades such as: electrical, heating/air conditioning mechanical, painting, plumbing, pipefitting, or woodworking. Knowledge of HVAC software preferred
• Ability to operate landscape equipment and machinery
• Must be able to read, write, and communicate English. Computer proficiency and keyboarding skills required
We take great care of careers.
Hartford Healthcare provides eligible employees with an extensive benefits package and all the benefits of working with a top notch organization:
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.