Description Job Schedule:
Full Time Standard Hours:
40 Job Shift:
Shift 2 Shift Details:
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Rushford Center, one of Connecticut’s leading providers of addiction and mental health services, is nationally recognized for delivering outstanding prevention, treatment and recovery programs. We offer a wide range of programs including Acute Care and Evaluation, Residential Addiction Treatment, Individual, Group & Family Therapy, Intensive Outpatient programs and Community Support Programs. Through the passion of our specialists, we continue to treat every patient with care, compassion and respect, while providing affordable and accessible services.
- Supervises residents while actively engaging clients in prosocial skills, problem solving, decision making, and coping strategies.
- Participates and facilitates organized activities. Organizes and facilitates life skills/social skills groups and completes group specific notes.
- Manages resident behavior utilizing information from individualized treatment plans, milieu staff specific objectives/interventions as outlined in the milieu note, the Behavioral Management System, and Rushford’s Policies and Procedures. Suggests changes to milieu note objectives and/or interventions, based on feedback through daily interactions. Communicates these suggestions to the resident’s clinician.
- Completes documentation assigned (Residential Tracking, Milieu Notes, etc.) to meet regulatory standards (DCF Licensing, Private Non-Medical Institutions-PNMI) and internal standards (Rushford Policy & Procedure).
- Intervenes with residents to facilitate verbal de-escalation using Behavioral Management System techniques and performs physical behavioral interventions, when imminent risk criteria are met, using Behavioral Management System techniques. Identifies potential problems with residents and informs shift supervisor.
- Assists in keeping the environment neat, clean, and secure. Performs assigned housekeeping tasks.
- Ensures physical care is provided for each resident, including clothing, health care, hygiene, shelter and nutrition according to Rushford’s Policies and Procedures. Ensures that DCF Rights of Children & Youth are adhered to.
- Transports residents to medical and dental appointments, as assigned.
- Encourages that ADLs (Activities for Daily Living) are completed daily by each resident and administer medication to residents as scheduled.
High School diploma
Bachelor's Degree in Social Work, Psychology, or related field is preferred
Experience working with children/adolescents is preferred
Current valid CT driver's license
Bilingual (English/Spanish) is preferred
As a Hartford HealthCare entity, Rushford provides eligible employees with an extensive benefits package consisting of:
- Medical and dental benefits
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Generous paid time off with accrual starting on the date of hire, including six paid holidays
- Additional voluntary benefits as well as employee discount programs
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.