St. Vincent's Medical Center
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
St. Vincent’s Medical Center in Bridgeport has more than 3,200 employees. It includes a 473-bed community teaching hospital, a 76-bed inpatient psychiatric facility in Westport, a large multispecialty provider group, and special needs services for adults and children. St. Vincent’s is the first hospital in Fairfield County to be integrated into the Hartford HealthCare network, and is the system’s second-largest hospital.
• Inspects, assembles and evaluates all surgical instruments and instrument sets to ensure proper sterilization, completeness of set, and to determine need for repair/replacement.
• Performs decontamination of soiled instruments, sterilization containers and equipment according to established protocols.
• Inspects instruments, equipment and containers to assure cleanliness and proper functioning.
• Corrects instrument sets according to current standards and established count sheets and/or instrument tracking systems.
• Maintains proper levels of inventory to ensure availability for case carts.
• Responsible for decontamination, kit assembly, kit sterilization and distribution.
• Other Duties as assigned
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
• Preferred Credential(s):
• Certified Central Service Tech specializing in Sterile Processing credentialed
from the Certification Board for Sterile Processing and Distribution (CBSPD).
• General knowledge of Central Sterile Supply department functions.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.