Description Job Schedule:
Full Time Standard Hours:
40 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details:
M-F 5 8's
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Hartford HealthCare Medical Group is one of the largest medical practices in New England with multiple locations throughout Connecticut and Rhode Island. Hartford HealthCare Medical Group consists of a team of professionals including Medical Assistants, Registered Nurses, Advanced Practice Providers, and Physicians.
Endocrinology / Diabetes Advanced Practitioner Role Scope
The endocrinology Nurse Practitioner (NP) or Physician Assistant (PA) practices M-F days in a hospital outpatient department, providing both initial and follow up consultations in-office or virtually for primarily diabetes patients. Responsibilities include:
- Initiate, modify, or discontinue medication therapy according to professionally recognized treatment guidelines (i.e. American Diabetes Association Clinical Practice Guidelines, Diabetes Care and/or American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists/American College of Endocrinology Guidelines), patient preference or professional judgment.
- Provide medication therapy includes agents used for the treatment of patients with diabetes including but not limited to: Biguanides, SGLT-2 inhibitors, DPP-4 inhibitors, GLP-1 agonists, Sulfonyureas, Thiazolidinediones, Meglitidines, and Insulin
- Order/interpret laboratory tests appropriate for monitoring safety/efficacy of medication therapy
- Provide written/verbal information, education / teaching, and counseling to patients or patients’ caregiver about medication-related care and/or therapeutic lifestyle changes
- Identify and address any barriers to patient compliance
- Participate in multidisciplinary reviews of patients’ progress
- If comfortable, manage other endocrine issues - hypothyroidism, osteoporosis, etc
- Provide continued education to the RNs and Registered Dieticians
Diabetes Advanced Practitioners Enjoy
- The opportunity to grow your own panel
- A collaborative team of providers and office staff
- The support of The Hartford HealthCare Medical Group Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism Program which includes weekly education, and the opportunity to attend virtual or in-person grand rounds
- Competitive Compensation
- Matching 401k, tiered medical, dental, and vision plans
- Generous Paid-Time Off
- Reimbursement for CME, professional society membership, licensure, and malpractice
- State of the art clinical and informatics technology
Endocrinology Nurse Practitioner / Physician Assistant Qualifications
- Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant / Nurse Practitioner Master’s program
- Licensed as a Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner / Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) in the state of Connecticut
- Certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP), Adult Nurse Practitioner (ANP), Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (AGPCNP), or Physician Assistant (PA)
- A minimum of 2-5 years of experience practicing as a licensed APP is required
- Diabetes / endocrinology experience practicing as an APP is highly preferred
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.