Description Job Schedule:
Full Time Standard Hours:
40 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details:
Get MORE from your career with Hartford HealthCare
Hartford HealthCare has a new opportunity available for a Preventive Cardiology Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to provide outpatient services in Hartford County.
Some highlights of this opportunity include:
- Provides direct patient care in office consultations, including assessment, work-ups, triage, emergency work-ins, and other patient care activities
- Obtains and documents health history, performs and documents physical exam, and orders and interprets diagnostic tests
- Provides counseling to patients regarding diagnosis and expected course of treatment
- Collaborates with physicians to provide appropriate direct care interventions within scope of practice
- Collects, organizes, records, and discusses data as appropriate and uses sound clinical judgment based in best practice standards and evidenced based medicine
- Prescribes pharmaceuticals according to patient needs and conducts appropriate patient follow-up & outreach
- Ensures timely retrieval of laboratory and ancillary studies and diagnostic consultation reports
- Consults with appropriate internal and external staff to make appropriate referrals for acute, chronic and preventive care
- Coordinates patient care and visits with appropriate clinical and non-clinical staff
- Documents patient health care files and completes appropriate forms according to HHC MG policies and procedures, including data collection and assessment plan based on patient needs and health care status
- Carries out clinical interventions according to established plan of care and adapts actions based on changes in patients' needs
- Counsels patients and their families with concern and empathy while respecting confidentiality and privacy
- Initiates call-backs within 8 hours for urgent care; within 24 hours for triage messages
- Demonstrates commitment to ongoing education and improvement as evidenced by documentation of attendance at conferences, in-services, seminars, and committee meeting
- Maintains active involvement with HHC MG’s Mid-level Provider Council
- Contributes to the development of clinical policies, standardized procedures, and clinical pathways
- Performs other related duties in support of efficient department operations and superior patient care
- A 40 hour week schedule – Monday through Friday
- The opportunity to attend CME events
- Competitive compensation, matching 401k, tiered medical, and CME reimbursement
Eligibility to be licensed as a Physician Assistant (PA) or Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) in CT is required. Eligibility to be certified as a Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP), or Adult Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (AGPCNP) is required for Nurse Practitioners.
There are no limits to what you can achieve when you join Hartford HealthCare. The extensive capabilities of the most integrated healthcare system in CT offers Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioners MORE OPPORTUNITY as you practice with nationally respected colleagues in a progressive, physician-led environment. Our broad network includes seven acute care hospitals including one of the largest academic and surgical hospitals in the northeast, thriving community teaching hospitals, and one of the largest multi-specialty medical groups in New England with more than 1,000 providers.
This means MORE OPTIONS to propel your career to new heights and all within a deeply embedded culture of inclusion, innovation, and focus on the highest quality of care. We are teachers, researchers, innovators, leaders and, most of all, caregivers.
Located between Boston and New York City, Connecticut offers you and your family access to a lifestyle that is second to none. Enjoy the finest schools in the nation, four beautiful seasons of recreational activities, and options to live at the shore, in leafy suburbs, or in vibrant urban areas. To put MORE GROWTH IN YOUR CAREER apply today!