St. Vincent's Special Needs Center
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Per Diem
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
St. Vincent’s Medical Center in Bridgeport has more than 3,200 employees. It includes a 473-bed community teaching hospital, a 76-bed inpatient psychiatric facility in Westport, a large multispecialty provider group, and special needs services for adults and children. St. Vincent’s is the first hospital in Fairfield County to be integrated into the Hartford HealthCare network, and is the system’s second-largest hospital.
Job Summary: Evaluates and conducts medically prescribed physical therapy treatment programs.
• Performs initial and on-going assessments of patient's condition.
• Establishes, revises and evaluates a plan of care which is appropriate to
problems identified and involves the patient/family.
• Performs therapy interventions utilizing standard physical therapy techniques
and skills as appropriate for the condition of the patient.
• Oversees activities of physical therapy assistants, students and other support
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
• Licensed Rehab Therapist specializing in Physical Therapy (RPT) credentialed from the Connecticut Department of Public Health obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
One or more of the following:
• Certified Heart Saver AED credentialed from the American Heart Association
(AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
• Certified Heart Saver AED credentialed from the American Red Cross
obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
Education: Graduate of an accredited Physical Therapy program.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.