Description Job Schedule:
Full Time Standard Hours:
40 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details:
Work where every moment
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Join us at The Hartford Healthcare Cancer Institute as we live our values every day. As part of Hartford HealthCare we create a better future for healthcare in Connecticut and beyond. By embodying these values we have become nationally respected for patient care and most trusted for personalized coordinated care. Come be part of something special!
The Hartford HealthCare Cancer Institute (HHC CI) is a certified member of the Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK) Cancer Alliance. Through the bi-directional collaboration facilitated by this partnership, community providers are better positioned to provide state-of-the-art, evidence-based cancer care to improve the lives of cancer patients. Together, the Hartford Healthcare Cancer Institute and Memorial Sloan Kettering are staying ahead of cancer.
The Hartford HealthCare Cancer Institute focuses on offering our cancer patients an unparalleled network of coordinated services– all under one roof. Our system of care includes a truly integrated team with the most talented, experienced, and compassionate caregivers and physicians, backed by the latest cutting-edge technology.
Registered Nurse (RN) will work in our Infusion Center providing holistic, quality nursing care for patients/families and/or others for a patient population within the Outpatient Infusion Center.
• Administers chemotherapy/biotherapy, performs patient assessments, provides symptom management and patient and family education.
• Practices safe administration of infusions, injections, and transfusions.
• Acts as part of a multidisciplinary team to provide continuity of care throughout various stages of treatment and follow-up including, but not exclusive to: providers, social work, dietician, integrative medicine, pharmacy, navigators, laboratory, radiation therapy, genetics, and clinical research.
• Scheduling patients for treatments and triaging of patient phone calls.
• Manage a caseload of patients receiving a variety of infusion therapies on an outpatient basis.
• Collaboration with referring physician offices to coordinate one time or ongoing therapies.
• Ability to multi-task efficiently and effectively while continuing to provide the safest, highest quality care.
• Participates in the implementation of clinical support programs to ensure optimal care throughout the health-care continuum.
• Engages in and aligns with the HHC Cancer Institute at the local, regional and system level.
• Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications Minimum Requirements:
• Current Connecticut RN License Education:
•BSN strongly preferred
•BLS Required at time of hire. Experience:
•Two (2) years of Previous Oncology Nursing experience strongly preferred
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment