New Britain General
New Britain, CT
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut's most comprehensive healthcare network.
The Hospital of Central Connecticut is an acute-care community teaching hospital, we provide comprehensive inpatient and outpatient services in general medicine and surgery, as well as a wide variety of specialties. Staffed by our talented team of leading professionals, The Hospital of Central Connecticut provides a wide array of services throughout the region, caring for patients from birth through the end of life.
Under the supervision of a Registered Nurse and/or Physician, the Medical Assistant performs delegated functions as a member of the patient care team to provide a variety of multi-skilled services. These activities contribute to meeting the health care, safety and comfort needs of patients, and are performed in accordance with all existing regulatory, state and company standards, policies and procedures. (Duties of the Medical Assistant can vary from center to center). Reports to the assigned supervisor.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an
organization on the cutting edge - helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.
Bilingual Spanish required
• High School graduate or equivalent required. Diploma from an accredited medical assistant program and Medical Assistant Certification required.
• CPR certified (or validation within 3 months of hire)
• Must be capable and willing to cover administrative front office staff depending on the department’s needs: scheduling appointments, answering telephones, signing in and discharging patients, copying and faxing
• Knowledge of computer systems: Microsoft Office, IDX, Allscripts a plus.
• This position is located within a busy outpatient ambulatory care clinic setting.
• Just be able to multitask, possess outstanding communication and follow up skills