Hartford HealthCare Rehabilitation Network
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Hartford HealthCare Rehabilitation Network is the premier rehabilitation provider in Connecticut. We provide rehabilitation services across the continuum - acute care hospitals, long term care facilities, sub-acute rehabilitation, homecare, outpatient centers, and in community settings such as senior centers, work sites, and schools and colleges. We offer over 30 outpatient locations with a variety of specialists, including oncology, women’s health, sports medicine, physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech language, we are known for our commitment to high quality, customer focused outcomes.
We are looking for a Head Strength and Conditioning Coach to join our Athletic Training department to support the University of Hartford!
The Head Strength and Conditioning Coach assumes responsibility for developing effective strength and conditioning programs for all student-athletes as well as supervising the operations of the student-athlete weight room. Adheres to rules and regulations governing University, America East and the NCAA, including assisting in the education process extended to alumni and the community. Performs all duties in full support of the University’s mission, understanding that the positive and effective execution of these duties are instrumental to the education of the University’s students.
As one of the largest rehabilitation providers in the state, HHCRN offers a team-oriented structure, a comprehensive continuing education program, an excellent benefits package along with Special Interest Groups that assist with evidence based clinical knowledge, growth opportunities and support within the organization.
• Flexible scheduling
• Extensive Paid Time Off (PTO)
• Medical and dental benefits
• 401K with excellent company match
• Company paid short term and long term disability insurance
• Continuing education and tuition reimbursement
• Clinical specialty and senior clinician opportunities
We believe in high standards. These standards allow us to bring out the very best in our clients and our staff.
• Bachelor's degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
• 3+ years’ experience in the field required.
• Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) preferred through the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA).
• Current First Aid and CPR certification preferred.
• Strong communications skills required – both written and verbal.
• Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint.
• Ability to solve problems and work independently with minimal direction.
• Teamwork and mentoring skills.
• History of strong leadership, communication, and clinical skills.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.