St. Vincent's Medical Center
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
St. Vincent’s Medical Center in Bridgeport has more than 3,200 employees. It includes a 473-bed community teaching hospital, a 76-bed inpatient psychiatric facility in Westport, a large multispecialty provider group, and special needs services for adults and children. St. Vincent’s is the first hospital in Fairfield County to be integrated into the Hartford HealthCare network, and is the system’s second-largest hospital.
• Investigates, assesses and plans interventions to help patients cope with social, emotional, economic and environmental problems.
• Interviews patients, assesses priorities and documents case activity.
• Consults with team managers, statutory and voluntary agencies and patient's relatives to ensure compliance with patient's treatment plan.
• Assists clients/families with obtaining community assistance by referral to proper resources.
• Develops and maintains working relationships with community health, welfare and social agencies and seeks creative means to assist the client with his/her needs.
• Documents all activities in accordance with hospital policies and regulatory requirements.
• Identifies, procures and coordinates services and resources needed by patient and family for discharge.
• Demonstrates ability to be customer focused and able to effectively interact with physicians, team members, community agencies and families with diverse values, religions and cultural ideas.
• Identifies insurance information and obtains precertification and authorization for care and any other insurance related requirements (for Behavioral Health positions only).
• Partner with patient flow manager on long LOS patients to manage once patient is deemed complex or the LOS exceeds an agreed upon number
• Apply for conservatorship, and attend court hearings
• Work with preferred provider network for creative solutions, and increase overall focus of transitions of care for complex patients
• Transition complex patients to appropriate levels of care through creative solutions and development of relationships with community resources
• Provide day to day oversight of social workers (scheduling, time off etc.)
• Assist with/ document input on quarterly and yearly performance evaluation of social workers and CMA’s
• First level of escalation to assist SWs with barriers to discharge
• Serve as coach for social workers and CMA’s as appropriate
• Assist with development of continuing education and completion of annual competencies.
• Other Duties as assigned
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
• Required Credential(s):
• Licensed Clinical Social Worker credentialed from the Connecticut Department of Public Health obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.