Description Job Schedule:
Part Time Standard Hours:
24 Job Shift:
Shift 2 Shift Details:
24 hour 2nd shift 3p-1130p position, Monday, Friday and Saturday schedule or Wednesday, Friday and Saturday schedule. Norwich location
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
The creation of the HHC System Support Office recognizes the work of a large and growing group of employees whose responsibilities are continually evolving so that we and our departments now work on behalf of the system as a whole, rather than a single member organization.
With the creation of our new umbrella organization we now have our own identity with a unique payroll, benefits, performance management system, service recognition programs and other common practices across the system.
Join us at Backus Hospital as we live our values every day. As part of Hartford HealthCare we create a better future for healthcare in Connecticut and beyond. By embodying these values we have become nationally respected for patient care and most trusted for personalized coordinated care. Come be part of something special!
For more than 118 years, Backus Hospital has been the primary source of healthcare services for much of Eastern Connecticut. We are home to the only trauma center in New London and Windham counties, and are the only area hospital with LIFE STAR helicopter services. We deliver and coordinate a continuum of high-quality healthcare with the goal of improving the health of our communities.Position Summary:
Performs all duties related to Registration, Billing, and Collections of Patient ‘s Accounts. Interviews all patients and/or other third parties based on HIPAA guidelines to obtain accurate demographic and billing information. Maintains records for Medical Records statistics daily according to procedure. Identifies specific needs of patients in order to obtain information according to epidemiology guidelines. Position Responsibilities:
- Prepares, processes, and maintains all accounts for all payer categories.
- High level of contract knowledge required.
- High level of Federal and State billing and reimbursement regulation knowledge required.
- Ensures appropriate payment of all claims.
- Acts as a liaison between patient, doctor, and insurance carriers regarding account issues.
- Accurately posts contractual allowances and adjustments to appropriate accounts.
- Analyzes, processes, and resolves credits for all accounts in compliance with Federal Regulations.
Requires high school diploma or equivalent. Associate Degree is preferred. Experience:
1 year or previous experience in customer service, collections or billing. 2 years experience in a hospital or healthcare business office or registration environment is preferred. License and Certification:
CPAT or other recognized Revenue Cycle certification is preferred.Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
We take great care of careers.
- Ability to read and understand oral and written instructions, and effectively communicate information. Basic computer skills (including opening/reading email, basic internet use).
- Working knowledge of Healthcare billing and collections.
- Excellent interpersonal skills required to communicate with departments, employees, physicians, managers, patients, insurance companies and federal and state regulatory agencies.
- Must have the ability to read and understand oral and written material and effectively communicate complex information.
- Works efficiently and organizes time appropriately.
- Must have the ability to prioritize daily work assignments.
- Must be flexible and a team player.
- Working knowledge of windows based software (including word processing, database and spreadsheet).
- Ability to learn the Hospital Information system’s Revenue cycle modules and utilize them efficiently.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making:
- Work is performed in accordance with instructions and procedures, but incumbents must organize the work and set priorities.
- Requires high level of analytical ability in order to gather and interpret information from various sources.
- Must have the ability to make independent decisions.
- Requires the ability to recognize problem situations and refer them to the appropriate staff member.
- Must have the ability to maintain confidentiality at all times. Must possess strong time management skills.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.