St. Vincent's Medical Center
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Per Diem
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
St. Vincent’s Medical Center in Bridgeport has more than 3,200 employees. It includes a 473-bed community teaching hospital, a 76-bed inpatient psychiatric facility in Westport, a large multispecialty provider group, and special needs services for adults and children. St. Vincent’s is the first hospital in Fairfield County to be integrated into the Hartford HealthCare network, and is the system’s second-largest hospital.
Responsible for providing clinical nutrition services, including nutrition assessment, modified diet formulation, self-management training and nutrition intervention to patients/outpatients/residents. Ensures patient satisfaction, quality care, regulatory agency compliance, and good public relations are achieved through safe and efficient use of resources.
1. Assesses the nutritional status of patients/outpatients/residents through documentation in the medical record. Uses parameters such as anthropometric measurements, nutrition-focused physical assessment and interpretation of laboratory values.
2. Develops, revises and individualizes nutrition care plan based on information from the patient, medical record, family and health care team members.
3. Incorporates current evidence-based research into practice. Utilizes physician/referring practitioner-driven protocols or other facility-specific processes to manager nutrition interventions.
4. Develops and executes programs and services in an organized, collaborative, and customer-centered manner.
5. Adheres to facility confidentiality, HIPAA regulations, and patient rights policies. Complies with regulatory standards.
6. Completes all required documentation, reports and logs in a timely, professional and thorough manner.
7. Communicates effectively with all team members, patients and families through conferences, individual consultation and committee participation.
8. Participates in and attends departmental meetings, staff development, patient care rounds and professional programs, as appropriate.
Additional Responsibilities For Outpatient Related Roles
• Oversees daily nutrition operations and programming, which may include a demonstration kitchen.
• Markets and promotes demonstration kitchen activities and programming to support growth and expansion, when appropriate.
• Oversees procurement of supplies, chefs, and resources to supplement the RD’s services and achieve goals. Manages and maintains equipment and appliances to support activities of the kitchen, when appropriate.
9. Instructs clients and community in nutrition, utilizes and manages technology effectively to expand the reach of services.
1-3 Years of relevant experience, preferably clinical
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.