Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Part Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Don’t miss the opportunity to be part of the new state of the art Bone and Joint Institute at Hartford Hospital. The first new stand-alone Orthopedic Hospital in the Northeast in over 50 years! Our Mission is to be acknowledged as the regional leader in patient-centered, innovative musculoskeletal care, providing cutting edge care to patients in Connecticut and surrounding states. We are seeking dedicated, passionate individuals who would like the opportunity to be part of a team with a patient-centered approach, which brings decades of experience in providing the most innovative musculoskeletal & orthopedic care. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, as well as a stimulating work environment that inspires excellence.
Provide service and support before, during, and after surgical procedures. Ensures the presence and proper arrangement of surgical equipment and supplies in the operating room to each operation; assists the surgeon during the operation as allowed by professional and legal standards; and assists with cleaning operating room after the operation ensuring proper routing of equipment, and used material. Reports to Manager.
• Completion of a surgical technologist program.
• Must be certified through the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA) or be able to obtain certification within one year of employment.
• Maintainence of CPR, BLS validation and attendance of annual Validation Day required.
• Knowledge of various surgical procedures with the ability to anticipate the needs of the surgeon and to recognize the problems encountered by the surgeon.
• Knowledge of name and function of surgical equipment and instrumentation required.
• Excellent interpersonal/communication skills.
• Strict adherence to policies and regulations regarding maintenance of sterile field required.
• Knowledge and practice of basic care and patient safety concepts.
• Application of the principles of asepsis in a manner that provides optimal patient care.
• Knowledge of OR emergency situations.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.