St. Vincent's Medical Center
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
St. Vincent’s Medical Center in Bridgeport has more than 3,200 employees. It includes a 473-bed community teaching hospital, a 76-bed inpatient psychiatric facility in Westport, a large multispecialty provider group, and special needs services for adults and children. St. Vincent’s is the first hospital in Fairfield County to be integrated into the Hartford HealthCare network, and is the system’s second-largest hospital.
Job Summary: Assists physicians with interventional procedures and provides diagnostic aid by conducting organ or body scans on patients.
• Prepares and positions patients and selects anatomic and technical parameters accurately.
• Prepares and administers contrast media and/or medications within the accepted scope of practice and applicable state and federal regulations.
• Observes patient during procedure and reports abnormal activity. Monitors protocols and recommends updates or refinements as warranted.
• Follows radiation safety procedures and guidelines.
• Able to perform all specialized imaging procedures such as angio, complex vascular and nonvascular interventional and therapeutic procedures, along with assisting the Radiologist/PA.
• Able to perform on all age groups, from infant to adult geriatric.
• Perform all aspects of imaging, 3d reconstruction and be able to perform catscans.
• Can utilize aseptic and sterile techniques when preparing sterile fields.
• Practice infection control protocols and practice standard precaution techniques.
• Participate in various teaching and mentoring of radiology/ct students.
• Must be able venipuncture certified, iv competencies.
• Must be CT ACR certified, and in process of advance IR certification.
• Assure appropriateness of procedure by reviewing the radiology order placed prior to performing exam. Should be able to explain procedures to patients for their safety and comfort during exams.
• Must have experience on G.E. and Toshiba catscan machines.
• Practice ALARA and radiation safety
• Other Duties as assigned
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
• Licensed Radiology Technician specializing in Computed Tomography credentialed from the Connecticut Department of Public Health obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
• Radiologic Technologist specializing in Computed Tomography credentialed from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
• Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
• Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Red Cross.
Education: A.S. Degree in Radiology.
Work Experience: At least two years working with GE and Toshiba CAT Scan Machines preferred but will consider experience.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.