Institute of Living
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
The Institute of Living, one of the first mental health centers in the U.S., remains one of America’s leading not-for-profit centers for patient care, research and education in the fields of behavioral, psychiatric and addiction disorder. Through our dedicated, experienced and skilled clinicians, we provide patients and their families with the highest quality of personalized care. Programs are offered for children, adolescents and adults struggling with mental illness as well as offering services specializing in Anxiety, Eating Disorders, and Geriatric Services.
The Division of Health Psychology at the Institute of Living/Hartford Hospital is pleased to announce a position opening for a full-time psychologist in the Bone and Joint Institute (BJI) at Hartford Hospital. The BJI provides innovate musculoskeletal care with a patient-centered approach and is a regional leader in the provision of orthopedic and sport rehabilitation services. Care offered at the BJI includes latest orthopedic technologies, collaborative treatment between providers, interdisciplinary team work to optimize recovery, and a continuum of care throughout a person’s recovery.
The psychologist role at the BJI is a collaborative position, closely connected to orthopedic, sport rehabilitation, rheumatology, and sport neurology providers. The psychologist will work closely with BJI staff, including referring providers and social workers, to bolster a growing behavioral health department and support the mental health needs of this patient population. In addition, the psychologist will interface with other professionals within the Hartford Healthcare Rehabilitation Network and Campus Care to enhance these behavioral health service lines within the Institute to serve both general orthopedic student athlete populations. Opportunities for research and training (psychiatry residents and fellows, psychology trainees) also exist and are an integral part of the psychologist’s role.
A synopsis of duties includes:
• Providing behavioral health services to adults, including diagnostic assessment and evaluation of treatment needs of medical patients on site, collaboration and consultation with medical providers, brief and evidence-based treatments for behavioral and mental health issues,
• Effective utilization of screening measures and assessment tools,
• Data management including tracking symptoms and treatment outcomes,
• Participating in program development and quality improvement research,
• Developing and implementing psychoeducational materials for use in the medical setting,
• Participating in team meetings, case management and coordination, outreach and communication with outside providers,
• Independent maintenance of treatment records and timely documentation.
• Doctorate of Philosophy in Psychology (PhD.) or Doctorate in Psychology (Psy.D.) from an APA-accredited institution
• One year APA-approved internship in Clinical Psychology or Clinical Health Psychology
• Licensed to practice Psychology in the State of Connecticut
• Training and experience in clinical health psychology, integrated primary care, or other medical settings
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Self-directed and capable of working independently in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
We take great care of careers.
As a Hartford Healthcare entity, The Hartford Hospital Institute of Living provides eligible employees with an extensive benefits package and all the benefits of working in a thriving centrally located urban community:
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.