Description Job Schedule:
Full Time Standard Hours:
40 Job Shift:
Shift 2 Shift Details:
Monday - Friday 4:00pm - 12:30 am
Weekly and weekend rotation (3p-11:30p)
Holiday call rotation
Sign on bonus of up to 10k for eligible individuals
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
The Hospital of Central Connecticut is an acute-care community teaching hospital, we provide comprehensive inpatient and outpatient services in general medicine and surgery, as well as a wide variety of specialties. Staffed by our talented team of leading professionals, The Hospital of Central Connecticut provides a wide array of services throughout the region, caring for patients from birth through the end of life.
Performs diagnostic and therapeutic CT procedures according to established protocols to assist the referring physician in diagnosis and treatment. Performs computed tomography (CT) procedures by selecting correct exposure factors, algorithms and scan fields while utilizing the assessment of patient age and diagnosis to produce technically accurate cross sectional images to assist the radiologist in diagnosis and treatment. Participates in complex invasive CT examinations by assisting the Radiologist or Physician's Assistant using proper sterile technique and producing CT images.
- Performs computed tomography (CT) procedures according to department procedures and protocols by selecting correct exposure factors, algorithms and scan fields while utilizing the assessment of patient age and diagnosis to produce technically accurate cross sectional images
- Accurately inputs data into the RIS by tracking actual procedures to capture exam and supply charges, resource allocation and other relevant information. Transfers correctly annotated images and pertinent paperwork into PACS.
- Obtains all relevant patient information, including but not limited to, current lab values, medication usage, ensuring reason for exam is concordant with exam request in order to perform the appropriate exam, on the correct patient, to procure an accurate diagnosis.
- Explain procedures to patients and addresses their concerns. Utilizes ALARA principals and appropriate infection control techniques to ensure a safe work environment.
- Appropriately maintains exam rooms, supplies and equipment according to performance standards. Maintains area supplies and reports equipment malfunctions. Performs and documents quality assurance testing on equipment according to established protocols to maintain high performance of the system. Transports patients as necessary.
- Starts intravenous sites, assesses existing sites and injects intravenous contrast according to established protocols. Uses appropriate safety procedures for handling storage and disposal of bio- hazardous, infections, radioactive and toxic substance.
- Maintains clinical proficiency and annual health stream. Participates in the department quality, safety and compliance initiatives.
- When necessary, provides clinical supervision and instruction to students by maintaining an understanding of policies, procedures and the clinical competency process in order to evaluate student growth and competence in performing imaging procedures.
- Perform other related duties as required
- Graduate from an accredited Radiography program
Licensure, Cerification, Registration
- Connecticut state Radiographer license required. CT Advanced certification by ARRT required
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- At least one (1) year experience as a C T Technologist.
- 6 months experience in Radiology hospital setting preferred.
- Working knowledge of CT Technology and venipuncture.
- Accepting New Grads
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.