St. Vincent's Medical Center
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
St. Vincent’s Medical Center in Bridgeport has more than 3,200 employees. It includes a 473-bed community teaching hospital, a 76-bed inpatient psychiatric facility in Westport, a large multispecialty provider group, and special needs services for adults and children. St. Vincent’s is the first hospital in Fairfield County to be integrated into the Hartford HealthCare network, and is the system’s second-largest hospital.
• Manages the daily operations of the Laboratory.
• Develops specific departmental goals, standards, and objectives which directly support the strategic plan and vision of the organization.
• Develops and implements policies, procedures, standards and initiatives.
• Manages staff relations including performance management, staff satisfaction
and conflict management. Performs and oversees scheduling, recruitment, and payroll.
• Monitors departmental budgets, regulatory compliance, departmental contracts, and vendor relations. Determines and justifies needs for equipment purchases.
• Participates in the education and instruction of students, employees, patients and other personnel as needed.
• Serves as the technical expert in primary area of clinical responsibility.
• Oversees all OC activities and reports, and is part of department specific QA
• Evaluates and implements new equipment and procedures.
• Other Duties as assigned
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
• Required Credential(s):
• Certified Clinical Medical Technologist (ASCP) credentialed from the American
Society of Clinical Pathologists obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
• BA or BS: Medical Technology
• 5 years clinical lab, 3 years in section.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.